Jubilee Park Primary School
This new build 1.5 form entry 1,752m2 (GIA) primary school is located in the heart of the new Jubilee Park residential development. The school is part of a Section 106 Agreement between Newport City Council and Walters Lane. Since the 1760's, the site has had a number of industrial uses ranging from copper works to a nail factory, a gas works, iron and steel works and eventually an aluminium factory.
The main frontage and plaza of this community school are open to the public creating a seamless transition between the public open space and the main entrance which is both dynamic and welcoming. The compact two storey form features:
- A range of nursery and primary teaching facilities.
- A double height multi-function suite which is located adjacent to the main hall, DT facilities and reception. This facility is strategically positioned to facilitate community use.
- 3G floodlit sports facilities for school and community use.
- Access to river walks and broader ecological learning resources.
- A wide range of indoor and outdoor learning settings.
The project was completed in September 2017.